Bengaluru: Narayana Hrudayalaya Limited, a leading healthcare service provider in India, announced its financial results for the fourth quarter (Q4 FY17) and full year (FY17) ended March 31st, 2017.
Narayan Hrudaylay Ltd. standalone revenue for the quarter came in at Rs. 427.3 crore, registering 10.6% yoy increase.
EBITDA for the quarter rose by 6.6% yoy to Rs. 50.85 crore with a corresponding margin contraction of 44 bps. EBITDA margin for the quarter stood at 11.9%.
The PAT for the quarter came in at Rs. 24.24 crore, yoy increase of 31%.
Looking at the full year numbers, we see that revenue jumped by 12% to reach Rs.1645.9 crore while EBITDA rose by 25% to 212.38 crore. The company reported net profit of Rs.95.1 crore, up 68% yoy
Financial Highlights for the Quarter (Q4 FY17) – Prepared in accordance with Ind AS (‘Indian Accounting Standards’)
- Consolidated total operating income was Rs. 4,835 mn as against Rs. 4,276 mn in Q4 FY16, reflecting an increase of 13.1%
- Consolidated EBITDA stood at Rs. 659 mn as compared to Rs. 534 mn in Q4 FY16, reflecting an increase of 23.4%
- Consolidated EBITDA Margin was at 13.6% as against 12.5% in Q4 FY16, showing an improvement by 114 basis points (bps)
- PAT after minority interest and share in loss in associate stood at Rs. 223 mn as compared to Rs. 50 mn in Q4 FY16
Financial Highlights for the full year (FY17)
- Consolidated total operating income was Rs. 18,782 mn as against Rs. 16,138 mn in FY16, reflecting an increase of 16.4%
- Consolidated EBITDA stood at Rs. 2,463 mn as compared to Rs. 1,893 mn in FY16, reflecting an increase of 30.2%
- Consolidated EBITDA Margin was at 13.1% as compared to 11.7% in FY16, showing an improvement by 139 bps
- PAT after minority interest and share in loss in associate stood at Rs. 831 mn as compared to Rs. 212 mn in FY16
As on March 31st, 2017, the consolidated net debt was Rs. 1,826 mn representing a net debt to equity ratio of 0.19.
Other Highlights during the Quarter
- Narayana Institute of Cardiac Sciences, Bengaluru, became the first hospital in the country to introduce a new smart-generation catheter device that will correct electrical signals causing disturbance in the heart rhythm
- Da Vinci Robotic Surgical System, installed at NH Health City, Bengaluru, crossed the milestone of performing over 150 surgeries within 10 months of its commissioning
- Narayana Multispeciality Hospital, Raipur, performed the first Leadless Pacemaker Implant across Central India
- NH entered into an agreement for healthcare services with ~300 capacity bedded Dharamshila Hospital & Research Centre to mark its maiden foray in NCR
- The facility at Cayman Islands showcased exemplary performance achieving an EBITDA margin of 13.3% in Q4 FY17 translating to 7.6% EBITDA margin for the year. The unit achieved this feat within 3 years of its operations
- Narayana Superspeciality Hospital, Howrah won the award for being “#1 Cancer Care Hospital in Eastern India” by Times of India Health Survey and Narayana Multispeciality Hospital, Mysore won AHPI Health Care Excellence Award in “Green Hospital” Category
Commenting on the performance, Dr. Ashutosh Raghuvanshi, Vice Chairman, Managing Director and Group CEO, Narayana Hrudayalaya Limited, said “We are pleased to demonstrate noteworthy performance in the quarter and the year gone by amidst the regulatory headwinds affecting our business on multiple counts.
The steady ramp-up in our newer hospitals buoyed by the sustained performance of mature hospitals continue to drive our revenues, and at the same time, our changing business mix is improving our profitability profile.
Overall, the fiscal year gone past illustrates substantial progress on the strategic goals that we have set for the group. The Indian healthcare landscape presents a unique opportunity to us as we take significant steps to become a true Pan-India healthcare provider.
We believe that the government emphasis on “Health for All” is an important milestone and we remain confident that NH has positioned itself to make affordable quality healthcare accessible to all strata of society.”
Ruby Khatun joined Medical Dialogue as Reporter in 2016. She covers all the business news in different categories. She also covers all the updates in Pharmaceutical field, Policy, Insurance, Business Healthcare, Medical News, Health News, Pharma News, Healthcare and Investment. She is a post graduate from Jamia Hamdard. She can be contacted at email@example.com Contact no. 011-43720751