Ministry of AYUSH commercialized Ayurvedic Drugs for various ailments
The Minister of State (Independent Charge) for AYUSH, Shri Shripad Yesso Naik in a written reply to a question in Rajya Sabha said Central Council for Research in Ayurvedic Sciences (CCRAS) under the Ministry of AYUSH has developed and commercialized ayurvedic drugs for various other ailments including diabetes, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Dengue, Cancer, Chronic Kidney Diseases.
The Central Council for Research in Ayurvedic Sciences (CCRAS), an autonomous body under the Ministry of AYUSH is actively involved in scientific process of drug development adopting prevalent guidelines such as Good Clinical Practices Guidelines for ASU drugs (GCP-ASU), Ministry of AYUSH and National ethical guidelines for Bio-Medical Research (ICMR), WHO guidelines for traditional medicines etc. as per requirement and as feasible through its peripheral institutes. Council through its drug development program is undertaking the development of new formulations/drugs taking leads from Ayurvedic literature through a systematic process of drug development. viz standardization, preclinical safety & clinical study as per requirement.
CCRAS has developed and commercialized the following two drugs:
- AYUSH 82 An Anti Diabetic Ayurvedic Formulation
- AYUSH SG An Anti-Rheumatoid Arthritis preparation.
CCRAS has also undertaken the development of the following coded formulations which are at different phases of drug development:-
- AYUSH Manas for Mental retardation/cognitive deficit
- AYUSH QOL 2C for improving Quality of Life of Cancer patients
- AYUSH Rasayan A & B in geriatric health
- AYUSH C1 Oil for wound healing
- AYUSH PJ-7 for Dengue fever
- AYUSH M-3 for a Migraine
- AYUSH SL for Filariasis
- AYUSH A for Bronchial Asthma
- AYUSH D for Type II Diabetes Mellitus
- Carctol S for Cancer
- AYUSH K1 for Chronic Kidney Diseases