Hunger strike by medical representatives in Andhra Pradesh
Visakhapatnam: The Medical and Sales Representatives Union, Vizag unit, Andhra Pradesh resorted to one day hunger strike pressing their outstanding demands and called for resolution of their long-pending issues on Monday.
The Union also urged for issuing of government ID cards and to give a call for tripartite committee meeting immediately to discuss the pressing issues of the sector.
Their main demands included:
- wage hike implementation as per wage board recommendations
- identifying the medical representatives as highly-skilled workers
- taking steps to reduce medicines prices
- reviving government medical companies,
- free medicines to poor
- punishing firms managements for violating Sales Promotion Employees (SPE) Act
The Union hopes that its legitimate demands will be sympathetically considered by the authorities reports The Hans India.