New Delhi: Concerned about Oxytocin misuse, CDSCO is now going to ensure Strict Regulatory control over Manufacture, sale, and distribution of oxytocin and to curb its misuse. For the same district level, special task Force in each District of each State will be made to ensure that no Prohibited/regulated drug including Oxytocin
CDSCO received a letter from Ministry of Health and Family Welfare stating that the following measures are to be taken in order to comply the directions of the Hon’ble High court, Himachal Pradesh, namely
- Constitution of a special task Force in each District of each State to ensure that no Prohibited/regulated drug including Oxytocin is freely available in each District in open market, save and accept in the manner prescribed.
- Concerned State Drug Controllers of the States where Licenses for manufacturing of Oxytocin have been issued shall examine the Licenses of all existing manufacturers of Oxytocin to ensure that the same have been issued strictly in accordance with Drugs and Cosmetics Act, 1940 and Rules 1945 and that the manufactures mandatorily comply with all the conditions of Drugs and Cosmetics Act, 1940 and Rules 1945, frame thereunder. Immediate appropriate actions as per the statutory provisions may be taken wherever violations of the rules are found.
- The State Drug Controller shall place on their respective websites by 10th of each month details of licenses issued to various manufacturers along with the monthly statement of production and sales of Oxytocin with complete particulars and details made by the manufacturers. The manufacturers of Oxytocin shall, in turn, submit these details in advance so as to reach the office of Drug Controller by 7th of every month.
- The wholesalers and retailers of all prohibited scheduled drugs including Oxytocin shall maintain records, as required under the law and the same shall be produced for inspection after every quarter before officer specifically deployed for this purpose by Drug Controller.
- CDSCO may take appropriate steps of undertaking IEC activities for sensitizing the public about ill-effects of Oxytocin both on the humans and the animals specially mulching cattle’s, and about penal provisions for abuse/misuse of Oxytocin.
Below is the attachment for the same.