Call for Submissions Open for the Sixth HIMSS-Elsevier Digital Healthcare Award in Asia Pacific
Singapore: HIMSS Asia Pacific and Elsevier, the global information analytics company specializing in science and health, are proud to announce the call for submissions for the 6th Annual Asia Pacific (APAC) HIMSS-Elsevier Digital Healthcare Award 2018.
“For the past five years, HIMSS and Elsevier have created a global platform for healthcare organizations to showcase their IT advancements. Since the inception of the Award, submissions have evolved with more large-scale projects. Last year, we also received a wider range of submissions from departmentwide to enterprise and national level. We hope this trend continues and look forward to greater participation from APAC and our host country Australia,” said Simon Lin, Executive Director, HIMSS Asia Pacific.
Since 2013, the HIMSS-Elsevier Digital Healthcare Award has attracted 193 submissions from 119 organizations across 30 countries. In total, the projects submitted have impacted over 41 million patients worldwide.
The two categories open for submission this year are:
- Outstanding ICT Achievement – focuses on those who have harnessed information and technology to successfully advance patient care and safety
- Outstanding ICT Innovation – focuses on those who have creatively leveraged existing technology or developed ground-breaking new solutions, to significantly enhance patient care and outcomes, and drive greater ICT adoption
Last year, the Award program witnessed strong participation from 18 healthcare organizations across APAC, recognizing five first-time recipients: The Royal Children’s Hospital Melbourne (Australia) and Fudan University Huashan Hospital (China) won the Outstanding ICT Achievement Award. Aravind Eye Hospital – Pondicherry (India), Mackay Memorial Hospital (Taiwan) and Princess Alexandra Hospital (Australia) won the Outstanding ICT Innovation Award.
“We’re very proud of how far this Award has grown to become a recognized platform for a meaningful exchange of ideas and best practice, on how to innovate and implement technology to improve patient safety and quality. We look forward to receiving the submissions from our healthcare partners and providers across the Asia Pacific,” said Tim Hawkins, Managing Director, Clinical Solutions, Europe, Middle
East, Latin America, and Asia Pacific for Elsevier.
Judges for this year’s Award are:
- Bill Le Blanc, Executive Director, and Chief Information Officer, SA Health
- John Sutherland, Chief Information Officer, Ramsay Healthcare
- John Daniels, Global Vice President, HIMSS Analytics, USA
- Dr. Korpong Rookkapan, Hospital Director, Paknampo Hospital, Thailand
- Robert Nieves, Vice President Health Informatics, Clinical Solutions, Elsevier
- Dr. Aamir Ali, Health Informatics Consultant, Ministry of Health and Prevention, UAE
Submit your case study here or email HIMSS to enquire. Deadline for submissions is Friday, Aug. 31, 2018.
Winners will be recognized on Monday, Nov. 5, 2018, at the HIMSS-Elsevier Award Dinner Reception held during HIMSS AsiaPac18, in Brisbane, Australia.